UPDATE ON AUSTRALIAN BORDERS
Australia has opened it’s borders for international students and many other visa categories since 15th December 2021.
As of today (14th January 2022), there are TWO requirements that have been laid down by the federal government without which you CANNOT enter Australia.
- You need to be fully vaccinated from one of the approved vaccines. More information on this on https://www.tga.gov.au/international-covid-19-vaccines-recognised-australia
- You need to have a negative COVID test maximum 3 days before your flight. The test needs to be a PCR test. More information on this on https://www.health.gov.au/health-alerts/covid-19/international-travel/inbound (Please note that some island countries are exempt from this whereas some countries are given a bigger time frame to do the test).
Once you have completed these two requirements, you are able to travel to Australia. However, each state has its own rules for quarantine/isolation upon arrival and you need to follow their guidelines upon arrival in Australia.
Please look at the links below to find the state you are travelling to:
- STUDY NSW – https://www.study.sydney/return
- STUDY QUEENSLAND – https://www.studyqueensland.qld.gov.au/student-returns
- STUDY VICTORIA – https://www.coronavirus.vic.gov.au/international-student-arrivals-plan
- STUDY ADELAIDE – https://studyadelaide.com/return
- STUDY PERTH – https://www.studyperth.com.au/safereturn/
- STUDY TASMANIA https://www.studytasmania.tas.gov.au/COVID-19_Update_-_A_message_to_our_International_Students
- OVERALL GUIDE https://covid19.homeaffairs.gov.au/before-i-travel
Please make sure you satisfy all requirements above before you finalize your travel plans. Ferguson Education and Migration is not responsible for any student that fails to comply with conditions laid out by Australian Federal and State Governments.
Please keep a check on Ferguson Education and Migration Facebook page to get the latest updates on travelling.