Australia has always recognised the need for a family to be together always. With its policies, it also supports dependent family members who wish to migrate to Australia under the family migration scheme. This scheme allows the eligible family members and close relatives to join their family in Australia, on permanent or temporary basis.

Australian citizens may sponsor their non-citizens relatives and spouses for family-related visas. At Ferguson Migration & Education, we are experts in the following types of family visas:

Family & Spousal Visas

Australian citizens, permanent residents, and eligible New Zealand citizens may sponsor their spouse, fiance, or de facto partner for a partner visa. They typically require an official interview and review via a migration agent. The partner visa is available to same-sex or unmarried couples.

Adoption Visas

Adopted non-citizen children who intended to travel to, enter, or stay in Australia need a visa. Applicants must be under 18 and non-married. What’s more, they must be sponsored by an Australian citizen, permanent resident, or eligible New Zealand citizen.

Dependant Relative Visa

Children and financially dependent relatives of Australian citizens may qualify for a relative visa. To qualify, all of your living relatives must reside in Australia. What’s more, you must desire to live in Australia full-time. Dependent child visas are specific to non-citizens under the age of 18.

Parent Visa

Parent visas may be available to non-citizen parents with a citizen child or children. You need to have lived in the country for two or more years, be sponsored, and meet several criteria requirements. It allows you to live as a temporary resident for 2 years or full-time as a permanent resident.

Carer Visas

Carer visas allow you to live in Australia to care for a relative with a long-term or permanent medical condition. This visa requires you to have a comprehensive ability to care for the relative in mind and be willing to continuously support them. There are numerous steps to this visa application, including qualifying the person’s medical condition. There is a strict cap to the number of carer visas available each year.

New Zealand Citizen Family Relationship Visas

The Home Affair’s Family Stream program allows qualified Australian and New Zealand citizens to sponsor their relatives’ visas. This program is capped and may have an extended waiting period. This visa includes children of citizens who were born outside of the country.

Orphan Relative Visas

Orphan relative visas allows children to travel and permanently live with a sponsoring Australian relative. To qualify, the child must be under the age of 18 and be unmarried. The child’s parents must be deceased or no longer able to care for the child. The length of stay offered via the orphan relative visa is permanent.

Prospective Marriage Visa

Prospective marriage visas are available to fiance’s of Australian citizens and permanent residents. It may allow someone to travel to Australia to marry their prospective spouse. The maximum period of stay is nine months. This is a relatively expensive visa. It typically takes between 13 and 16 months to process the application.

Remaining Relative Visa

Remaining relative visas are available to non-citizens who’s only living relatives live within the country. It is important to remember that according to Home Affairs the current waiting time for this visa is up to 50 years long.

Are you ready to apply for one of the aforementioned family visas? Request a call with us today to schedule your personal assessment and speak with a qualified consultant.

Our No.1 Goal Is To Help You Get Your Visa
Fast & At Low Cost

We are your one stop shop to assist you with your Visas, University Enrolment, Accommodation, Placement, Airport Pickup, Job Search and more.

At Ferguson Migration & Education we’ve helped thousands of people achieve their dreams by shaping futures and transforming lives!

Skilled Migration




Permanent Residency




Refugee Visas